At LastMileLink Technologies we approach problems with a fresh perspective. We create technology that allows both logistics professionals and couriers to provide second-to-none service excellence.
We provide an environment that thrives on diversity, boldness and making your mark on delivery innovation.
And we’re hiring!!
We have an exciting new opportunity for a UX/UI Designer to join our team based in a modern Central London location.
At LastMileLink Technologies we have a small but rapidly growing software design team, and now we’re looking for a Mid-weight User Experience designer so we can expand our UX and UI design capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be supporting the Senior UX Designer and the Head of Design in the execution of UX design, testing and research, and the creation of UX assets including wireframes and screen mock-ups.
We are looking for someone who has skills and experience in modern UX best practices, as well as the desire and ability to work the UX designs up into refined UI designs.
Our software supports and enables complex business workflows, so experience working on similarly complex systems and a proven ability to deliver efficient design solutions is desirable. This is a great opportunity for someone to have a real impact on a software suite that is already in use with a large UK client, and one that will be rolling out to thousands of business users in the near future.
Your role is going to be key to designing and refining software UX designs, and working UX designs up into refined UI designs. You’ll be working with a graphic designer on UI designs, and working with a senior UX designer to effectively plan and execute UX testing and research sessions/projects as necessary.
To be really successful in this role, you’ll need to be degree qualified in a relevant Design field. You’ll be skilled in either Adobe XD or Sketch and be an avid Photoshop and Illustrator user with bags of energy and enthusiasm for any tasks you take on.
You’ll be keen to work in a fast-paced start-up environment and will be able to provide examples of your portfolio to date, to support your application.
In return, we can offer you:
- A role where you get lots of autonomy, and are given as much trust and responsibility as you can handle!
- A culture of continuous learning, where you are encouraged to use your initiative to find innovative solutions and creative new approaches
- Potential opportunity to take on a mentoring role once established in the company, and begin to develop your Team lead/Management capabilities
- Plenty of guidance and support from an experienced and fun team
- Rapid development of your skills and responsibilities
- We also have table-tennis and Xbox onsite for when you need a well-earned break, show and tell with Beers on a Friday, and an informal and friendly atmosphere!
- Competitive benefits package
If you feel this is the ideal next role for you, and you have the relevant skills and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you! Please submit your CV and examples of your portfolio to support your application. A supporting cover letter is always great so we get to know you a bit more, but not a requirement.
Skills and qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant design subject
- Skilled in either Adobe XD or Sketch
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Portfolio showing relevant real-world design work
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment and join our motivated and friendly team
- Great location – in the heart of Shoreditch, close to public transport
- Talented team – collectively having delivered many best in class products at scale – globally
- Culture is king – dedicated to ownership and recognition of effort
- Contemporary tech – all-in cloud and committed to supporting emerging technology such as Serverless
- Training & Education – online training, group brown-bags, external events and inspirational books
- Pension – company pension contributions
- Healthcare – Medicash healthcare plan
- Fruit! – Fresh fruit delivered weekly to the office
- Travel – Ride to work scheme & Season ticket loans
- Social – social events and employee awards scheme