Our TechCrunch debut
Wednesday 19th July saw our TechCrunch debut! Armed with branded Bluetooth speakers, pens and notepads (not to mention a pile of chocolate) we joined over 500 other tech-minded individuals to network and discuss the newest innovations in the field.
Our objective for attending this event was two-pronged. Firstly we wanted to further develop our brand awareness with one of the leading tech publications in the world, the second was to network with like-minded peers with the aim of collaboration. We were not disappointed! With our table inundated by 6.01pm (the doors opened at 6pm), we were asked a number of different questions about LastMileLink which ranged from our thoughts on the future of final mile delivery, why we are disrupters, how are we using machine learning to innovate and what makes us different.
Just in case the same questions had popped into your mind, we’ve put together a quick summary for you:
- Last mile delivery logistics has never been in a more exciting space. Technology is playing an increasingly important role in solving the business-critical problems it presents; this is across all sectors including retail, healthcare and manufacturing
- Improving performance in last mile delivery and logistics is now a bottom line issue and a key driver of growth and competitive advantage
- LastMileLink are not new to disrupting logistics, we developed the API platform behind the successful retail delivery service, On the dot (they already have 7 award nominations this year alone and work with retailers such as Wickes and MatchesFashion.com)
- Even better, the courier app that we have developed using 10 years of industry insight from CitySprint is being used by hundreds of couriers already and is being paired with our new smart allocation software
- Machine learning is fundamental in the development of our smart allocation platform. Built to improve courier and fleet efficiencies through effective learning scheduling management, this will change the way CitySprint run their nationwide operations. We have leveraged historic data and near and real-time data from internal channels and external suppliers to model and train our smart algorithm. We have taken these learnings and placed them at the heart of all of our products, from order ingestion and the capacity of demand versus supply, all the way through to smart allocation and operations (including smart communication)
- Not only do we have an amazing team that make up LastMileLink, we are backed by the CitySprint Group (the UK’s largest same day courier network) as their innovation incubator
Are you interested in learning more about what makes us tick and what we are working on next? Contact us here and we will be in touch shortly.